Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Reader's Resolutions

I resolve to:
  1. Read only when all my other responsibilities have been taken care of.
  2. Comment and/or post on the blog.
  3. Organize my library by subject and then alphabetically.
  4. Become a better listener at book discussions so that Tower will never be forced to raise her hand.
  5. Never let book group attendance stand in the way of more important activities: Enrichment, children's concerts, leadership meetings, etc.
  6. Quit acquiring books so that I never have to double-stack the books on the shelves.
  7. Read every chosen book throughout the year before the discussion.
  8. Agree with everyone's opinion.
  9. Never deface a book by writing in it--or folding down a corner of a page.
  10. Not eat lunch the days of the potluck in order to eat more of Apple's broccoli salad.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful resolutions!!! I resolve too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I just don't know about the quit aquiring books thing. I am addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with everyone's opinion? Really? Where is the fun in that? And I like it when Tower raises her hand. I find it stimulating to make fun of her when she does that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a recent study, 12% of the participants reached their goals. Way to go Beau Cheveaux, Apple, Belle and Ambi for completing #2.

    ReplyDelete