Friday, January 29, 2010

January interview

Joie de vivre
active, amiable
data tracker, discerning
endearing

1. We’ve read a lot of books over the years. What book(s) are you especially glad you read and why?
Wow hard question.  I can’t think of a book I wish I hadn’t read.  I love that we read from such a wide variety of subjects.  I really loved Life of Pi, but I’m not quite sure why – the ending really threw me off – made me wonder how often I accept things at face value without realizing their true depth (and what the face value is covering up).  Some books haven’t been easy to read, but they’ve opened my eyes to many hard and painful things that I think are necessary to know in our world.

2. Recall one of the most memorable discussions that we’ve had.
            Again, I can’t think of a discussion that I came away thinking “wasted time.” Our discussions are always enlightening and fun - even when I haven’t read the book.

3. Where is your favorite place to read?
I love to read on the couch in our living room – all warm and wrapped up in a blanket (with a Diet Coke and some chocolate close by!).

4. What does your family think about book group?
They like it - mostly.  When I’m reading a really good book, I pretty much go awol for a few days while I’m reading.  I will be the first to admit that I’m OCD (or CDO because it really needs to be alphabetized) and usually can’t stop reading until I’m finished.  However, I’ll talk about the book to my family, so sometimes we’ll get a fun book discussion going on in our kitchen – even though I’m usually the only one who has read the book. (And now that I think about it, it’s pretty much me doing all the talking. Hmmm, is that really a discussion?)

5. Besides reading, what is your favorite way to spend your time?
            Playing games with my family.          

6. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise us.
            Oh I talk about myself so much that there is nothing my book group doesn’t know about me.  I’m a one-way street, a black hole, it’s all me, me, me!  haha!  Wait, did you know that when I was a little girl my parents fed me whale blubber?  Bet you all didn’t know that!  (My final secret: now I’m completely transparent, there’s nothing left to hide.)

2 comments:

  1. Saw the first Emma and loved it! Worth watching! Read the interview! Can't quite figure out who it is! Help me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take that back! I just figured it out! Silly me!
    Belle

    ReplyDelete