Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mea Culpa

Apple did a great job leading the discussion and sharing information about the book, Alcatraz and the author, Gennifer Choldenko.She was so classy that she didn't argue with me when I spread misinformation about Choldenko.
This is Gennifer Choldenko. She has not published a single non-fiction book. She grew up in California and not in Illinois (Lincoln territory).

This is Candace Fleming who has written non-fiction. She did grow up in Illinois (Lincoln country.) Don't these two women look remarkably alike? Both are lovely. Both are brunettes. Both are wearing sleaveless shirts. Unfortunately, this is karma at work. I cannot tease my husband and son - who have very limited facial recognition skills - ever again about mixing people up!
It always interests me how differently people react when you pull out a camera. This is what I'd call enthusiasm.
At least there were two good sports here.
Maybe a little embarrassment . . .
A natural poser.
A demonstration of Tower's familiar gesture which we missed this time around.
No reservations here.
Apple thought it was strange that I took a picture of this room, but I think it is so beautiful I couldn't resist.

Blueberry cheesecake tarts for dessert. Delish!

We learn a lot at book group, don't we, and not always about the book. We learned that Apple would do "anything" for money and that she did her "time" teaching criminals. We learned a little about "Asbergers" and "autism" - a preview for next month's read, Thinking in Pictures by Temple Grandin.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't argue with you, Seria, because I didn't know myself. Knowing me I would have argued had I known:) Thanks for coming everyone! Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete